Fareportal employees regularly volunteer with KEEN NYC, a foundation that provides recreational activities for children and young adults with developmental and physical disabilities at no cost to their families. Fareportal gave $1,000 to KEEN for their 2014 athletic programs.
NEW YORK, May 27, 2011
Fareportal announced today it has donated $10,000 to support humanitarian efforts that are assisting the town of Joplin, Missouri in their recovery from the most devastating tornado to strike the country in over sixty years.
The funds were donated to the following organizations:
- American Red Cross: Emergency response vehicles are helping to transport supplies to Joplin. To help those affected by the disaster, you can make a donation by visiting www.redcross.org, calling 1-800-RED-CROSS or texting the word ‘REDCROSS’ to 90999 to make a $10 donation. Contributions may also be sent by mail to the American Red Cross national headquarters at P.O. Box 37243, Washington, D.C. 20013.
- The Salvation Army: Providing emergency relief services to survivors and first responders of the Joplin tornado. They’ve established four units in impacted areas around Joplin, where they are offering food and beverages. Their relief serves extend to other impacted cities in Oklahoma, Kansas and Minnesota. Donations can be made by visiting www.donate.salvationarmyusa.org, calling 1-800-SAL-ARMY or texting the word ‘Joplin’ to 80888 to make a $10 donation. Contributions may also be sent by mail to the Salvation Army at 3637 Broadway, Kansas City, MO 64111.
- Heart of Missouri United Way: Mobilizing to provide desperately needed relief to Joplin and needs assistance as they help rebuild the city for the residents and businesses that have been impacted by the tornado’s destruction. Donate to United for Joplin by visiting www.uwheartmo.org, or by texting “Joplin” to 964933.
NEW YORK, January 25, 2010
Fareportal today announced it donated $10,000 toward humanitarian efforts following the devastating earthquake that affected Port-au-Prince, Haiti and surrounding areas.
The funds were donated to:
- Doctors without Borders: An organization established in 1971 to provide assistance in more than 60 countries to people whose survival is threatened by factors like natural disasters, is using funds to repair its badly damaged Haiti headquarters. Donations are being used to provide vitally needed emergency medical care for men, women and children affected by the earthquake. To learn more about how you can contribute, please visit www.doctorswithoutborders.org/donate.
- The American Red Cross: Sending relief workers into a devastate Haiti. Donations are being used for supplies and to provide ongoing financial resources necessary for recovery. To learn more about how you can help, please visit www.redcross.org.
- MercyCorps: Supplying water to Haiti in order to aid the homeless and combat potential diseases, as well as helping to restore sanitation services in Haiti as soon as possible. For more information, please visitwww.mercycorps.org/waystohelp.
NEW YORK, June 9, 2008
Fareportal announced today it has donated $5,000 to Doctors without Borders following a cyclone in Myanmar and an earthquake in China’s Sichuan province which has displaced and brought hardship to millions of people.
Doctors Without Borders is an international medical humanitarian organization created by doctors and journalists in France in 1971. It operates independently of any political, military or religious agendas. Medical teams conduct evaluations on the ground to determine a population’s medial needs before opening programs. The key to their ability to act independently in response to a crisis is its independent funding.
Fareportal is committed to giving back to both local and worldwide communities through disaster relief funds, donations of airline tickets, and employee volunteerism.
Excellence Awards CheapOair won the 2014 International Service Excellence Award from the Customer Service Institute of America and International Council of Customer Service Organizations.