Title: Associate Director – Product Management (Growth & Landing Pages)
Location: New York, US
Salary Range: $150,000 – $160,000
Who We Are:
Fareportal is a travel technology company powering a next-generation travel concierge service. Utilizing its innovative technology and company owned and operated global contact centres, Fareportal has built strong industry partnerships providing customers access to over 500 airlines, a million lodgings, and hundreds of car rental companies around the globe. With a portfolio of consumer travel brands including CheapOair and OneTravel, Fareportal enables consumers to book-online, on mobile apps for iOS and Android, by phone, or live chat. Fareportal provides its airline partners with access to a broad customer base that books high-yielding international travel and add-on ancillaries.
- Fareportal is the number 1 privately held online travel company in flight volume.
- Fareportal partners with over 500 airlines, 1 million lodgings, and hundreds of car rental companies worldwide.
- 2019 annual sales exceeded $5 billion.
- Fareportal sees over 150 million unique visitors annually to our desktop and mobile sites.
- Fareportal, with its global workforce of over 2,600 employees, is strategically positioned with 9 offices in 6 countries and headquartered in New York City.
Fareportal is the second largest U.S. seller of airline tickets with over $4 billion in gross revenue. The most well-known brand of Fareportal is CheapOair with over annual 100 million online visitors.
We are seeking a Product Manager Lead – for the Growth and Landing pages team. The team operates at the intersection of marketing and technology, offering a rich array of customer communication solutions with the goal of helping our customers find and discover anything they want to book (flight tickets, hotel rooms, car rental).
In this role, you will own the home/landing pages for all brands across desktop and mobile platforms, and MarTech platform services. You define the strategy of the landing pages and have end-to-end product ownership from technology strategy, prioritization and development to adoption and iteration with the business and engineering teams. You will work closely with marketing business managers and across teams at Fareportal to build landing pages that will shape the company customer acquisition channels. This is a high-impact role that requires big-picture thinking, but also strong execution, technical depth, analytical rigor and excellent communication.
The ideal candidate wants to work on projects where they are inventing solutions to real problems that require creative solutions and deep understanding of the problem space. They know how to work cross-functionally to create alignment and deliver results. They are comfortable engaging in technical discussions with senior engineers to define product strategy. They want to create value and impact the direction of products and business globally.
- Product ownership of landing pages and marketing technologies. Lead the product strategy to invent new solutions on behalf of our customers.
- Outline roadmap, set priorities, and drive features through their entire lifecycle: ideation, definition, development, release, analysis, and iteration.
- Work/collaborate with cross-functional business and product leaders to build and execute a strategic plan aligned with long-term customer growth and acquisition objectives.
- Develop strong relationships with marketing business owners to ensure that potential opportunities are identified .
- Focus intensely on customers to ensure we’re communicating and engaging them with relevant offers on the landing pages that deliver value for them.
- Define and drive success metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs) for your products and new features.
- Develop user stories, lead planning, and other agile ceremonies to help your team iterate and deliver great customer acquisition products.
- Conduct competitive analysis, market research and user surveys/feedback sessions. Discover customer problems and new business opportunities, and design exciting features to solve them and grow business.
- Provide empowering leadership for direct reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Design or related field.
- MBA and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- 7+ years of product management experience, ideally leading the roadmap and development for at least one consumer-facing digital product.
- 5+ years managing Product Managers.
- Experience working with visual and UX designers, providing feedback and direction for designing user-centric products.
- Expertise in Agile product management practices and tools.
- Experience leading engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of online marketing; SEM, SEO, Display, Email Marketing and Affiliate marketing.
- Strong understanding of A/B testing methodology and experience running tests.
- Great ability to identify and translate emerging trends and customer needs into workable product proposals.
- Experience with inventing new solutions/products and successfully launching them.
- Demonstrated agility across a host of skill sets, including customer definition, customer journey mapping, new product strategy and execution, business analytics, AB testing design and execution and running day-to-day business operations.
- Experience analyzing conversion funnel with Google analytics, querying APIs and the ability to brainstorm solutions with the engineering teams.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- 7+ years’ experience in eCommerce or technology startup.
- Familiarity with CMS and/or communication platforms.
- Passion for technology, curiosity to dive deep into Fareportal’s infrastructure technical products and commitment to learning and expanding technical knowledge.
- Work experience with offshore model a big plus.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities concurrently.
The right candidate will . . .
- Understand the unique challenges and tremendous opportunities associated with a rapidly growing fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, with the ability to deal with ambiguity but equally the freedom to explore and innovate.
- Manage a continuously evolving sets of priorities when everything (really-everything!) is important. You can’t get overwhelmed or sidetracked easily.
- Be vocal with idea generation; speaking-up fuels discussion, ideation and group-think. 98% ideas may fly by the way side – but your impenetrable spirit allows the other 2% to soar! Your voice defines the value you bring to the organization.
- Have the maturity to work on goals at hand, but also the ability to consider overall strategies
- Understand power of our ownership culture; built on principles and values that compel everyone at Fareportal to think and act like an owner of the business
Benefits & Perks
Fareportal offers our team members a wide range of market-leading benefits and other perks, including:
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Competitive Paid Time Off and Leave Policies
- Employee Friendly Technology and Gadget Policies
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Fareportal reserves the right to change the job duties, responsibilities, expectations or requirements posted here at any time at the Company’s sole discretion, with or without notice.
Fareportal is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a culture of diversity and inclusion for all our team members and are committed to maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination and harassment. Unlawful discrimination based upon race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, genetic information, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military and veteran status and all other characteristics prescribed by law is strictly prohibited.