People are at the core of Fareportal. We are one of the fastest growing travel technology companies in the world; our portfolio of travel brands, including flagship product CheapOair, receives over 100 million visitors annually.
Fareportal is hiring a highly talented and motivated Development Manager . This position will drive innovation by leading teams across product, design and engineering for Fareportal’s brand. You will be responsible for not only developing industry leading ideas, but also working cross functionally to turn these ideas into live products which will be used by millions of travellers. You and your team will be responsible for crafting the vision, defining and defending a product roadmap, and driving that roadmap from business requirements through post-launch analytical analysis to determine if success metrics are met.
- Responsible for Architecture and Design of custom CRM systems, e-commerce platforms and Enterprise Applications.
- Responsible for building scalable and high throughput applications.
- Responsible for Designing, Development and Deployment of software systems using .Net technologies, nginx, Redis, MongoDB, AWS Tech Stack.
- Responsible for Web application development using various tools like .NET Framework 4.0/4.5/4.5.1, Visual Studio 2010/2012/2013, ASP.Net, ASP.Net MVC, C#, VB.NET, SQL-Server 2005/2008/2012, VSS/Git/TFS, RESTful web services.
- Managing MS SQL SERVER 2005/2008/2012 – procedures (T-SQL) triggers, functions, stored procedures, indices, etc.
- Should be adept at ORM Tools like Entity Framework, NHibernate, etc.
- Rich experience in project management in all phases of project life cycle using AGILE/SCRUM.
- Responsible to develop project scope statements. Manage the day-to-day project activities. Maintain and update project plans.
- Coordinating with multiple internal and external teams for development, UAT and QA.
- Ensure that all deliveries are on time and to a high standard and also act as a facilitator in the resolution of issues associated with the projects.
- Managing multi-applications solution delivery with complex integrations across systems.
- Excellence in Engagement Management derived from outstanding communication skills with the ability to mentor and motivate.
- Experience in Global Delivery with onsite and offshore engagement models.
- Planning, implementing and scheduling activities in a project plan to ensure completion of the project within the defined timeframe while ensuring quality standards and optimal resource utilization.
- 11+ years’ experience leading a product team and driving product roadmaps.
- B.E/ B. Tech from top Engineering Colleges.
- Proven track record of launching products across multiple platforms.
- Experienced building highly scalable and low latency systems/platforms.
- Experience with SDLC using scrum methodology.
- Experience with onshore and offshore engagement models.
- Experience with Open Source technologies: Redis, MongoDB, Nginx, Node.js.
- Application development experience using .NET Framework 4.0, Visual Studio, ASP.NET/C#, SQL Server, Reactjs, .Net Core, Azure.
- Experience working with CI/CD systems (continuous integration and continuous delivery).
- Possess competence and hands-on experience in Web application Design, Architecture, Development, Deployment, Systems Analysis and Implementation of various applications including Client/Server.
- Champion in delivering Minimum Viable Product (MVP).
- Excellence in Engagement Management derived from outstanding communication skills with the ability to mentor and motivate developers, leads, and peers.
- Extensive working in Product based environment in the capacity of a technically hands on technologist and the manager on any technologies.