Title: Director – Business Process Reengineering
Location: Gurgaon, India
Who We Are:
Fareportal is a travel technology company powering a next-generation travel concierge service. Utilizing its innovative technology and company owned and operated global contact centres, Fareportal has built strong industry partnerships providing customers access to over 500 airlines, a million lodgings, and hundreds of car rental companies around the globe. With a portfolio of consumer travel brands including CheapOair and OneTravel, Fareportal enables consumers to book-online, on mobile apps for iOS and Android, by phone, or live chat. Fareportal provides its airline partners with access to a broad customer base that books high-yielding international travel and add-on ancillaries.
- Fareportal is the number 1 privately held online travel company in flight volume.
- Fareportal partners with over 500 airlines, 1 million lodgings, and hundreds of car rental companies worldwide.
- 2019 annual sales exceeded $5 billion.
- Fareportal sees over 150 million unique visitors annually to our desktop and mobile sites.
- Fareportal, with its global workforce of over 2,600 employees, is strategically positioned with 9 offices in 6 countries and headquartered in New York City.
Roles and Responsibilities :
Fareportal is looking for a Director – Business Process Reengineering to lead the creation and consequent management a new business process engineering center of excellence In India. As an amazing technology firm Fareportal has been at the forefront of digital innovation in the travel sector for many years and is now looking to bring this focus on innovation, effectiveness and efficiency across all our internal business processes including Finance Operations, Call Center Operations, and others.
This position is based out of Gurgaon (work from office).
People are at the core of Fareportal. We are a global, fast-growing travel technology company with offices in New York, Gurugram, Pune, Toronto, Vancouver, Kiev, Mexico City, and Las Vegas. Our portfolio of travel brands, including our flagship brand CheapOair, helps over 100 million travelers annually.
Fareportal is an equal opportunity employer.
You will be majorly responsible for the following :
- Be accountable for delivering savings, efficiencies, scaling, or quality results to the firm through leadership of a structured well organized Business Process Reengineering function. Own BPM Key-Performance-Indicators (KPI) and Key-Risk-Indicators (KRI) in partnership with Finance.
- Establishing the vision, mission, and operating model for the new Business Process Reengineering center of excellence at Fareportal.
- Establish an approach for managing a pipeline of reengineering ideas through identification, scoping, review, and execution
- Engage with senior Business Heads and own the Business Process Reengineering Steering Committee that review and approves optimization opportunities.
- Lead a team of Business Process Analysts/Engineers and Robotic Process Engineers to complete detailed analysis of existing processes, identify opportunities for improvement, proposed a fully optimized alternative and negotiate solutions with owners.
- Establish the best practices, templates, artifacts and processes to manage an effective BPR function.
- Leading the IT Architecture, design & deployment of operating systems, platforms, storage components underlying Fareportal applications around the globe.
- Design, implementation and reliability of our entire global networks, internet connectivity, firewalls and global connectivity networks
Required Skills & Qualifications :
- At least 5 years in a leadership/management position driving change within a highly operational function.
- MBA/B. Tech/Degree in Engineering, Graduation with 12+ years of experience in IT infrastructure engineering
- Ideally certified in one or more business process improvement methodologies – ie LeanOps, SixSigma, Kaizen
- Ideally experience within the travel or other ecommerce retail-based organization.
- Experience persuading senior leaders to support change and driven innocation
- Experience leading improvement and optimization projects across a variety of functions.
- Hands on leader able to create best practice certifications including BPR templates, processes policies and cases studies from scratch.
- Proficiency in Data centre system solution architecture & design
- Proven experience in IT Infra deep tech skills – Onprem, cloud, compute, storage and network services
- Good understanding of Azure, AWS, 0365, Network, Servers and Data centre technologies
- Demonstrated track record of lead cross functional teams and complex IT projects
- Demonstrated experience in the managing various stakeholders across IT, Tech and Product teams
- Good communicator with a natural aptitude for dealing with people.
- Quick learner and able to deal with a wide range of issues.
- Good analytical skills and able to collate and interpret data from various sources
- Travel industry with heavy, global, omni-channel contact centers preferred
- Strong financial and statistical analytical skills with advanced, demonstratable understanding of Excel required; SQL, Power BI, ADO preferred
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Fareportal reserves the right to change the job duties, responsibilities, expectations or requirements posted here at any time at the Company’s sole discretion, with or without notice.