People are at the core of Fareportal. We are one of the fastest growing travel technology companies in the world; our portfolio of travel brands, including our top two brands CheapOair and OneTravel, receive over 100 million visitors annually.
We are seeking a Lead Data Engineer who will manage project goals, contribute to product strategy and help define best practices. The right candidate will join a self-sufficient offshore team responsible for developing and maintaining components of a complex proprietary e-commerce platform that drives the air travel industry. The right candidate will also have opportunities to collaborate with teams in NY and other locations around the world.
Lead Data Engineer (6-9 yrs)
- High Expertise in Database Modelling (relational, multi-dimensional) & optimization and deep understanding od data architectures.
- Proven experience in development of conceptual, logical, and physical data models for Hadoop, Relational, EDW (enterprise data warehouse) and OLAP database solutions.
- Ability to create and recommend EDW architecture and contrast between key database e.g. Vertica, GreenPlum, Aerospike, etc.
- Good understanding of streaming technologies like Kafka, Spark Streaming, etc
- Solid understanding of Data Modelling (Facts and Dimensions, etc) and Data Management (ETL, etc) concepts
- Experience with Enterprise Business Intelligence Solutions,
- Good understanding of distributed systems
- String in SQL query writing and
- Experience working extensively in hundreds of TBs level scale.
- Ability to hire and manage a team of Data Engineering and keep them motivated
Data Engineer Requirements
- 6-9 years’ experience with Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Technology or related field required
- Experience in a related field with real-world skills