Fareportal is a travel technology company powering a next-generation travel concierge service. Utilizing its innovative technology and company owned and operated global contact centers, Fareportal has built strong industry partnerships providing customers access to over 600 airlines, a million lodgings, and hundreds of car rental companies around the globe. With a portfolio of consumer travel brands including CheapOair and OneTravel, Fareportal enables consumers to book-online, on mobile apps for iOS and Android, by phone, or live chat. Fareportal provides its airline partners with access to a broad customer base that books high-yielding international travel and add-on ancillaries.
Fareportal is one of the leading sellers of airline tickets in the United States. We are a progressive company that leverages technology and expertise to deliver optimal solutions for our suppliers, customers, and partners.
- Fareportal is the number 1 privately held online travel company in flight volume.
- Fareportal partners with over 600 airlines, 1 million lodgings, and hundreds of car rental companies worldwide.
- 2019 annual sales exceeded $5 billion.
- Fareportal sees over 150 million unique visitors annually to our desktop and mobile sites.
Fareportal, with its global workforce of over 2,600 employees, is strategically positioned with 9 offices in 6 countries and headquartered in New York City.
We are seeking a Lead Data Engineer who will manage project goals, contribute to product strategy and help define best practices. The right candidate will join a self-sufficient offshore team responsible for developing and maintaining components of a complex proprietary e-commerce platform that drives the air travel industry. The right candidate will also have opportunities to collaborate with teams in NY and other locations around the world.
- High Expertise in Database Modelling (relational, multi-dimensional) & optimization and deep understanding od data architectures.
- Proven experience in development of conceptual, logical, and physical data models for Hadoop, Relational, EDW (enterprise data warehouse) and OLAP database solutions.
- Ability to create and recommend EDW architecture and contrast between key database e.g. Vertica, GreenPlum, Aerospike, etc.
- Good understanding of streaming technologies like Kafka, Spark Streaming, etc
- Solid understanding of Data Modelling (Facts and Dimensions, etc) and Data Management (ETL, etc) concepts
- Experience with Enterprise Business Intelligence Solutions,
- Good understanding of distributed systems
- String in SQL query writing and
- Experience working extensively in hundreds of TBs level scale.
- Ability to hire and manage a team of Data Engineering and keep them motivated
Data Engineer Requirements
- 6-9 years’ experience with Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Technology or related field required
- Experience in a related field with real-world skills