Fareportal is a travel technology company powering a next-generation travel concierge service. Utilizing its innovative technology and company owned and operated global contact centers, Fareportal has built strong industry partnerships providing customers access to over 600 airlines, a million lodgings, and hundreds of car rental companies around the globe. With a portfolio of consumer travel brands including CheapOair and OneTravel, Fareportal enables consumers to book-online, on mobile apps for iOS and Android, by phone, or live chat. Fareportal provides its airline partners with access to a broad customer base that books high-yielding international travel and add-on ancillaries.
Fareportal is one of the leading sellers of airline tickets in the United States. We are a progressive company that leverages technology and expertise to deliver optimal solutions for our suppliers, customers, and partners.
- Fareportal is the number 1 privately held online travel company in flight volume.
- Fareportal partners with over 600 airlines, 1 million lodgings, and hundreds of car rental companies worldwide.
- 2019 annual sales exceeded $5 billion.
- Fareportal sees over 150 million unique visitors annually to our desktop and mobile sites.
Fareportal, with its global workforce of over 2,600 employees, is strategically positioned with 9 offices in 6 countries and headquartered in New York City.
We are looking for a Machine Learning (ML) Expert to help us create ML/artificial intelligence products.
Machine Learning Engineer responsibilities include creating machine learning models and retraining systems. To do this job successfully, you need exceptional skills in statistics, Data Science and programming.
Your ultimate goal will be to shape and build efficient self-learning applications.
- Study and transform data science prototypes.
- Design machine learning systems.
- Research and implement appropriate ML algorithms and tools.
- Develop machine learning applications according to requirements.
- Select appropriate datasets and data representation methods.
- Run machine learning tests and experiments.
- Perform statistical analysis and fine-tuning using test results.
- Train and retrain systems when necessary.
- Extend existing ML libraries and frameworks.
- Keep abreast of developments in the field.
- Proven experience as a Machine Learning Engineer or similar role.
- Understanding of data structures, data modeling and software architecture.
- Deep knowledge of math, probability, statistics and algorithms.
- Ability to write robust code in Python.
- Familiarity with machine learning frameworks (like Keras or PyTorch) and libraries (like scikit-learn).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Mathematics or similar field; Master’s degree is a plus.