Who We Are:
Fareportal is a travel technology company powering a next-generation travel concierge service. Utilizing its innovative technology and company owned and operated global contact centres, Fareportal has built strong industry partnerships providing customers access to over 500 airlines, a million lodgings, and hundreds of car rental companies around the globe. With a portfolio of consumer travel brands including CheapOair and OneTravel, Fareportal enables consumers to book-online, on mobile apps for iOS and Android, by phone, or live chat. Fareportal provides its airline partners with access to a broad customer base that books high-yielding international travel and add-on ancillaries.
- Fareportal is the number 1 privately held online travel company in flight volume.
- Fareportal partners with over 500 airlines, 1 million lodgings, and hundreds of car rental companies worldwide.
- 2019 annual sales exceeded $5 billion.
- Fareportal sees over 150 million unique visitors annually to our desktop and mobile sites.
- Fareportal, with its global workforce of over 2,600 employees, is strategically positioned with 9 offices in 6 countries and headquartered in New York City.
KEY RESULT AREAS:
- Coordinates the monthly, quarterly, and annual close and worldwide consolidation of actuals, including the submission of monthly financial information and reporting schedules from the business units.
- Leads consolidation procedures, including investigation and clearing of inter-company balances.
- Responsible for compilation of consolidated balance sheets, income statements, statements of cash flows, and other executive reporting schedules.
- Review periodic financial presentations for the CFO (earnings conference calls, Board meetings, internal management presentations, etc.).
- Lead monthly/quarterly/semi-annual balance sheet deep dive exercise to ensure accurate and complete representation of financial position on the Company’s consolidated balance sheet.
- Assist with system transformation, and process improvement projects.
- Assist with governance over organizational structure and general ledger account changes.
- Drive improvements, provide accounting guidance and often serve as first point of contact for finance and business partners to evaluate accounting impact of commercial leasing activity.
- Design and operate an effective system of internal controls to assure financial statements, disclosures and presentations are complete and accurate.
- Be comfortable and strive in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Managing various monthly and adhoc MIS requirement by management.
· 7-10 years
· BPO/ITES preferred
- Advanced knowledge of financial accounting / reporting with a balance of external reporting and operational analysis, preferably within or associated with publicly traded multinational manufacturing companies.
- Solid understanding of the concepts of control design and operational efficiency.
- High degree of proficiency with excel and other Microsoft Office products with ability to retrieve data, manipulate such data and create useful analytical information.
- Experience performing complex consolidations of global businesses preferred and strong GAAP understanding.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to details.
- Transformative, process oriented and forward-thinking mindset