Fareportal is a travel technology company powering a next-generation travel concierge service. Utilizing its innovative technology and company owned and operated global contact centers, Fareportal has built strong industry partnerships providing customers access to over 600 airlines, a million lodgings, and hundreds of car rental companies around the globe. With a portfolio of consumer travel brands including CheapOair and OneTravel, Fareportal enables consumers to book-online, on mobile apps for iOS and Android, by phone, or live chat. Fareportal provides its airline partners with access to a broad customer base that books high-yielding international travel and add-on ancillaries.
Fareportal is one of the leading sellers of airline tickets in the United States. We are a progressive company that leverages technology and expertise to deliver optimal solutions for our suppliers, customers, and partners.
- Fareportal is the number 1 privately held online travel company in flight volume.
- Fareportal partners with over 600 airlines, 1 million lodgings, and hundreds of car rental companies worldwide.
- 2019 annual sales exceeded $5 billion.
- Fareportal sees over 150 million unique visitors annually to our desktop and mobile sites.
Fareportal, with its global workforce of over 2,600 employees, is strategically positioned with 9 offices in 6 countries and headquartered in New York City.
Fareportal is looking for a collaborative and inspirational product manager to join Cheapoair.com product team. You will work with stakeholders across the globe and the technical team based out of India to create product roadmap and execute the business strategy to meet business goals. S/he should have the penchant to solve complex product problems with simplest possible solutions.
(2 – 6 Years)
Job Description / What you’ll do
Build a product that offers a great experience for our users to book flights, hotels, and more through cheapoair.com.
- Support the Product Team in owning a product pipeline of epics, features and user stories.
- Prioritizing and grooming the backlog based on achieving agreed goals and stakeholder.
- Create user stories, detailed acceptance criteria and run sprint planning sessions.
- Evaluate industry, competitor, market, and technology trends as inputs into the product roadmap.
- Comfortable extracting insights from Google Analytics, Optimizely, Hotjar and other sources to identify customer pain points and opportunities to address.
- Track performance of user stories or A/B tests post-launch to identify areas of improvement.
- Work closely with a team of skilled engineers to deliver sprints on time and set the high-level mission, vision, and roadmap for the platform and the team
- Work closely with stakeholders across the organization to make sure that you collaboratively provide for the company’s short- and long-term goals and align them on product roadmap.
Required Skills and Qualification / Who you are
- 2-6 year work experience as a product manager.
- Experience of working in online flights product is an added advantage.
- Experience of working in an agile scrum environment.
- E-Commerce or technology start-up experience.
- Overall strong, product and technology awareness/background.
- Strong communicator – verbal and written.
- Proactive and willing to call out issues and suggest changes.
- Strong with Data Analysis, Google Analytics, Excel, A/B testing tools including Optimizely.
- Engineering Degree from a reputed university.
- MBA from a reputed university is an added advantage.