Who We Are:
Fareportal is a travel technology company powering a next-generation travel concierge service. Utilizing its innovative technology and company owned and operated global contact centres, Fareportal has built strong industry partnerships providing customers access to over 500 airlines, a million lodgings, and hundreds of car rental companies around the globe. With a portfolio of consumer travel brands including CheapOair and OneTravel, Fareportal enables consumers to book-online, on mobile apps for iOS and Android, by phone, or live chat. Fareportal provides its airline partners with access to a broad customer base that books high-yielding international travel and add-on ancillaries.
- Fareportal is the number 1 privately held online travel company in flight volume.
- Fareportal partners with over 500 airlines, 1 million lodgings, and hundreds of car rental companies worldwide.
- 2019 annual sales exceeded $5 billion.
- Fareportal sees over 150 million unique visitors annually to our desktop and mobile sites.
- Fareportal, with its global workforce of over 2,600 employees, is strategically positioned with 9 offices in 6 countries and headquartered in New York City.
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Director, Airline Account Manager to manage day-to-day relationships with a sub-set of our most important global and strategic airline partners. You will be part of the high-performing Supplier Relations Team that plays a pivotal role in the success of Fareportal. The role requires the implementation of content and growth strategies, impactful marketing campaigns as well as initiatives within the wider Fareportal organization. With a customer-centric lens, you will create opportunities to ensure content security, maximise revenue, and drive the best results for Fareportal and our global airline partners. You will be responsible for building strong partnerships, being their advocate and providing market feedback and industry trends to internal stakeholders.
The key responsibilities for this role are (but not limited to) the following:
- Supports SVP, Air Accounts on a subset of the overall portfolio
- Participate in global contract negotiations
- Responsible for the day-to-day interaction with airlines, including a weekly one-to-one with key contacts in most important markets
- Monitor contract performance and conduct quarterly business reviews
- Support connectivity initiatives including NDC
- Work with product and tech teams on initiatives to support up-sell and ancillary sales
- Secure tactical fares and unique content opportunities
- Work with Product and Technology teams to improve performance and utilization of all available airline offers and programs
- Coordinate promotions and merchandizing with Marketing teams to align campaigns with airlines’ expectations
- Find opportunities to drive value for our airline partners across Fareportal web sites and brands
- Help plan partner events
- Conduct account administration
- Professional experience in the leisure travel and corporate e-commerce space
- Excellent analytical skills, including demonstrated capacity to solve complex problems and an intense curiosity to identify emerging business trends and ensuing needs
- Ability to “get hands dirty” and analyze industry/market data and company financial data to identify business opportunities
- Deep understanding of core finance and strategy concepts
- Problem solver with the ability to identify and present solutions to obstacles for success
- Capacity to quickly diagnose business problems and fix shortfalls
- Strategic thinker with the ability to recognize trends and develop new plans to accelerate business growth
- Strong communications skills: abilities to include conveying, receiving and interpret ideas and information, influence partner decisions and presents information appropriately to a wide and diverse range of audiences
- Excellent customer service and airline negotiating/relationship-building capability with strong social intelligence
- Cross-functional experience (product planning and development, operations, marketing, merchandising, and market management)
- Familiarity with industry online distribution (e.g., NDC, etc)
- Ability to travel as needed to support business objectives
- Bachelors degree
- Travel and/or Airlines industry experience and knowledge of GDS’s is preferable but not essential
- Existing relationships with airlines a plus
Benefits & Perks
Fareportal offers our team members a wide range of market-leading benefits and other perks, including:
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Competitive Paid Time Off and Leave Policies
- Employee Friendly Technology and Gadget Policies
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Fareportal reserves the right to change the job duties, responsibilities, expectations or requirements posted here at any time at the Company’s sole discretion, with or without notice.
Fareportal is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a culture of diversity and inclusion for all our team members and are committed to maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination and harassment. Unlawful discrimination based upon race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, genetic information, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military and veteran status and all other characteristics prescribed by law is strictly prohibited.