Who We Are:
Fareportal is a travel technology company powering a next-generation travel concierge service. Utilizing its innovative technology and company owned and operated global contact centres, Fareportal has built strong industry partnerships providing customers access to over 500 airlines, a million lodgings, and hundreds of car rental companies around the globe. With a portfolio of consumer travel brands including CheapOair and OneTravel, Fareportal enables consumers to book-online, on mobile apps for iOS and Android, by phone, or live chat. Fareportal provides its airline partners with access to a broad customer base that books high-yielding international travel and add-on ancillaries.
- Fareportal is the number 1 privately held online travel company in flight volume.
- Fareportal partners with over 500 airlines, 1 million lodgings, and hundreds of car rental companies worldwide.
- 2019 annual sales exceeded $5 billion.
- Fareportal sees over 150 million unique visitors annually to our desktop and mobile sites.
- Fareportal, with its global workforce of over 2,600 employees, is strategically positioned with 9 offices in 6 countries and headquartered in New York City.
The Senior Product Manager Car Rental at Fareportal will have full product ownership of the Car Rental business across all of Fareportal’s consumer website and apps. The Product manager will align the business vision, market and competitor trends, customer feedback and business analytics to create, prioritize, and execute a roadmap that delivers sustainable business growth and meets the Financial goals and targets for the Car Rental business. The Senior Product manager will work with various stakeholders to combine different needs and goals to support the creation of a coherent product strategy.
- Ownership of the Car Rental Product, including P&L responsibility.
- Own and optimize customer journey for Car Rentals
- Go-to person to explain movement of key Car Rental KPI’s.
- Hands-on participation to create and improve attachment and revenue KPIs for Car Rental by working with development, design, marketing, data science, analytics and other teams as needed.
- Work directly with the dedicated development team, run scrums, plan their sprints and participate in routine discussions to address questions on the proposed user stories.
- Team with Supplier Relations team to negotiate favorable partnerships with suppliers of Car Rental to negotiate partnerships.
- Partner with Trip Attach, Hotel and Air product managers to develop effective cross-selling and attachment strategies from and to the other Fareportal lines of business (e.g. Hotel, Air, Vacations).
- Lead research, metrics gathering, competitive and performance analyses of products listed above, and communicate results across the company.
- Author and publish requirements, identify and outline the needs to increase attachment, convert findings to clearly defined user stories so they are easily executed by the technology team
- Become a key member of the Fareportal Product team, ensuring our Car Rental product aligns with customers’ needs and overall company strategy.
- Complete ongoing competitive analysis to ensure that we are providing top-tier products and customer experiences for our customers.
- Prioritize mix of minor necessary enhancements and new innovations/revenue/cost opportunities
- Identify and communicate status, blockers, risks, and mitigation strategies to appropriate teams as needed
- Improve accuracy and the quality of data on internal reports and google analytics around Car Rental, products. Improving data collection, utilizing big data, and providing requirements to develop custom reports.
- Build products that rated highly by customer (NPS > 75) and deliver commercial growth for Fareportal.
- Lead daily Product quality checks (price checks, customer experience, site speed and functionality, content quality, customer feedbacks, etc.)
- Collaborate with pricing team and oversee Car Rental, pricing analysis with Fare Data Analysis team.
- Ensure NPS, DOT, NAD, BBB, AG and all Legal compliance for the Car Rental & Cross Sell product portfolio.
- Collaborate with operations and call center teams, and act as the Business Lead/owner for the Car Rental operations teams.
Goals (set quarterly/annually):
- Meet Car Rental financial business revenue targets as set for the year in the Financial budgeting process
- Deliver quarterly Key Results projects as defined each quarter
- Achieve 2022 Corporate Objectives for Car Rental:
- Achieve positive YoY growth in Gross Car rental attach to the Air business
- Increase Car conversion rates by 15% YoY by the end of 2022.
- B. Tech along with an MBA is a must
- At least 7 years’ experience in a Product Management role with atleast a few years in Car Rental Product ownership that includes P&L responsibility.
- Strong Business Intelligence, analytical, data interpretation and problem-solving skills.
- Well versed in scientific method and hypothesis based AB Testing and product development.
- Mastery with A/B testing and tools, with a strong understanding of data-driven decision-making
- Good product innovation skills
- Must be a champion of new innovative ideas that drive competitive parity and superiority
- A strong understanding of current web technologies, standards, and how the web ecosystem is evolving.
- Experience and success with Agile development concepts.
- Strategic and holistic thinking to balance and prioritize short-term solutions with the long-term vision • A strong entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to rally internal support for ideas
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- A strong design and usability sense driven by the ability to step into a user’s shoes and advocate for them
- Customer Centric mindset for product development with a track record of delivering and improving scalable consumer facing e-commerce experiences.
- Excellent writing, organizational, and time management skills
- Enthusiasm for working collaboratively on cross-functional teams and coordinating between them
- Proven experience with full product SDLC, from concept to launch
- Implementation experience across desktop, mobile and app development, and alignment in a B2C environment
- Proven ability to define and execute a successful product and development roadmap
- Ability to break high-level concept/projects into sprint deliverables.
- Excellent hands-on analytical skills, with a proven ability of multi-tasking with minimal oversight
- Experience developing and managing ongoing business relationships at multiple organizational levels and working in a dynamic cross-functional environment.
- Demonstrated ability to design and deliver both formal and informal presentations to groups of all sizes