Fareportal is a travel technology company powering a next-generation travel concierge service. Utilizing its innovative technology and company owned and operated global contact centers, Fareportal has built strong industry partnerships providing customers access to over 600 airlines, a million lodgings, and hundreds of car rental companies around the globe. With a portfolio of consumer travel brands including CheapOair and OneTravel, Fareportal enables consumers to book-online, on mobile apps for iOS and Android, by phone, or live chat. Fareportal provides its airline partners with access to a broad customer base that books high-yielding international travel and add-on ancillaries.
Fareportal is one of the leading sellers of airline tickets in the United States. We are a progressive company that leverages technology and expertise to deliver optimal solutions for our suppliers, customers, and partners.
- Fareportal is the number 1 privately held online travel company in flight volume.
- Fareportal partners with over 600 airlines, 1 million lodgings, and hundreds of car rental companies worldwide.
- 2019 annual sales exceeded $5 billion.
- Fareportal sees over 150 million unique visitors annually to our desktop and mobile sites.
Fareportal, with its global workforce of over 2,600 employees, is strategically positioned with 9 offices in 6 countries and headquartered in New York City.
We are seeking a .NET Lead who will manage project goals, contribute to product strategy and help define best practices. The right candidate will join a self-sufficient offshore team responsible for developing and maintaining components of a complex proprietary e-commerce platform that drives the air travel industry. The right candidate will also have opportunities to collaborate with teams in NY and other locations around the world.
- Develop scalable software on an Agile team to drive value for our products.
- Collaborate with, support, and mentor junior members of the development organization.
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders to define requirements and innovate on designs.
- 8+ years of professional experience in building software services.
- Strong software development skills across the full stack.
- Strong experience building software using Microsoft .NET Core using C#.
- Strong experience working with relational databases e.g. MS SQL Server.
- Experience with modern front-end UI frameworks e.g., Angular or ReactJS.
- Experience deploying software using CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with development in public cloud e.g., Azure , Appinsights, Grafana.
- Experience with development of microservice architecture.
- Good understanding of authentication protocols such as OAuth2, etc. is a plus.