People are at the core of Fareportal. We are one of the fastest growing travel technology companies in the world; our portfolio of travel brands, including flagship product CheapOair, receive over 100 million visitors annually.
We are seeking a Front – End Developer who will manage project goals, contribute to product strategy and help define best practices. The right candidate will join a self-sufficient offshore team responsible for developing and maintaining components of a complex proprietary e-commerce platform that drives the air travel industry. The right candidate will also have opportunities to collaborate with teams in NY and other locations around the world.
Job Responsibilities & Requirement:
- Good programming skills and in-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS and particularly design programs such as CSS Frameworks & CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS.
- Knowledge of Responsive Design, Interaction Design and User Experience.
- Familiarity with at least one of the following programming languages: PHP, C# etc.
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices.
- Proven working experience in web programming. Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases.
- Adequate knowledge of Relational Database Systems, Object Oriented Programming and Web Application Development.
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills.
- Understanding of web usability issues, accessibility and information architecture.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- Strong skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines.
- Contribute in team/sprint planning meetings and provide time estimations on the tasks (50% accuracy).
- Cooperate with visual designers to match visual design intent.
- Providing daily status updates (daily scrum/TFS).
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills & should be adaptable.
- Reports to the Team Leader.
- 4+ Years of Experience with Btech in Computer Science/Computer Application.