Fareportal is a travel technology company powering a next-generation travel concierge service. Utilizing its innovative technology and company owned and operated global contact centers, Fareportal has built strong industry partnerships providing customers access to over 600 airlines, a million lodgings, and hundreds of car rental companies around the globe. With a portfolio of consumer travel brands including CheapOair and OneTravel, Fareportal enables consumers to book-online, on mobile apps for iOS and Android, by phone, or live chat. Fareportal provides its airline partners with access to a broad customer base that books high-yielding international travel and add-on ancillaries.
Fareportal is one of the leading sellers of airline tickets in the United States. We are a progressive company that leverages technology and expertise to deliver optimal solutions for our suppliers, customers, and partners.
- Fareportal is the number 1 privately held online travel company in flight volume.
- Fareportal partners with over 600 airlines, 1 million lodgings, and hundreds of car rental companies worldwide.
- 2019 annual sales exceeded $5 billion.
- Fareportal sees over 150 million unique visitors annually to our desktop and mobile sites.
Fareportal, with its global workforce of over 2,600 employees, is strategically positioned with 9 offices in 6 countries and headquartered in New York City.
We are seeking a Front – End Developer who will manage project goals, contribute to product strategy and help define best practices. The right candidate will join a self-sufficient offshore team responsible for developing and maintaining components of a complex proprietary e-commerce platform that drives the air travel industry. The right candidate will also have opportunities to collaborate with teams in NY and other locations around the world.
Job Responsibilities & Requirement:
- Good programming skills and in-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS and particularly design programs such as CSS Frameworks & CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS.
- Knowledge of Responsive Design, Interaction Design and User Experience.
- Familiarity with at least one of the following programming languages: PHP, C# etc.
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices.
- Proven working experience in web programming. Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases.
- Adequate knowledge of Relational Database Systems, Object Oriented Programming and Web Application Development.
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills.
- Understanding of web usability issues, accessibility and information architecture.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- Strong skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines.
- Contribute in team/sprint planning meetings and provide time estimations on the tasks (50% accuracy).
- Cooperate with visual designers to match visual design intent.
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills & should be adaptable.
- 4+ Years of Experience with Btech in Computer Science/Computer Application.