Location: Gurgaon, India
Job Description :
Who We Are:
Fareportal is a travel technology company powering a next-generation travel concierge service. Utilizing its innovative technology and company owned and operated global contact centres, Fareportal has built strong industry partnerships providing customers access to over 500 airlines, a million lodgings, and hundreds of car rental companies around the globe. With a portfolio of consumer travel brands including CheapOair and OneTravel, Fareportal enables consumers to book-online, on mobile apps for iOS and Android, by phone, or live chat. Fareportal provides its airline partners with access to a broad customer base that books high-yielding international travel and add-on ancillaries.
- Fareportal is the number 1 privately held online travel company in flight volume.
- Fareportal partners with over 500 airlines, 1 million lodgings, and hundreds of car rental companies worldwide.
- 2019 annual sales exceeded $5 billion.
- Fareportal sees over 150 million unique visitors annually to our desktop and mobile sites.
- Fareportal, with its global workforce of over 2,600 employees, is strategically positioned with 9 offices in 6 countries and headquartered in New York City.
The Systems Engineer will help Fareportal drive a world class infrastructure supporting an, omnichannel, Customer Travel experience through our unique blend of web, mobile, voice, chat, and API economy infrastructure. We are looking for someone to help us take our infrastructure, IaaS, and hybrid cloud capabilities to the next level, with heavy automation of infrastructure components built from best practice components. We will need you to:
- Architect, design, construct, manage, and provide 3rd level support for operating systems, platforms, and storage components underlying Fareportal applications around the globe.
- Architect, write, and support provisioning services for Linux, Kubernetes, Nomad, windows and support the automation of Fareportal’s entire provisioning chain.
- Create Linux based solutions to replace Windows solutions currently in use (open source hypervisor)
- Analyze, troubleshoot and resolve complex systems problems between hypervisors, web servers, queue managers, and custom code executing in the environment.
- Partner with Development, Database, Security, Network, and fellow DevOps team members in the architecture, implementation, and run time operations of server, platform, network, storage systems, load balancers, and other infrastructure components.
- Produce known good builds of Operating Systems and Platforms, in partnership with Information Security
- Engineer solutions within a Microsoft centric infrastructure with on premise and Azure AD.
- troubleshooting knowledge of Microsoft Server especially related to AD, and DNS
- Select and implement all hardware in all data center locations and perform capacity management functions.
- Manage the relationship with Fareportal technology partners and keep Fareportal on the leading edge of technologies.
- Architect, implement, and manage Fareportal technologies in public clouds, and move workloads to the most cost effective locations.
- Continuous Innovation: Continually looking at and assessing emerging technologies that will ensure Fareportal will meet its ambitious business goals.
- Drive immutable infrastructure design and implementation
- Technical Architecture: proven ability to create, troubleshoot, and maintain architecture design of the business infrastructure; on-premises and cloud
- Automation: Implement an automation framework to move the company towards managing its infrastructure resources and services as Infrastructure as Code; both on-premises and cloud.
- Strong Linux and windows server management: in association with hyper-v, K8s, nomad, active directory, DNS
- Work within a team to drive Engineering projects and ensure that the solutions are delivered in a timely manner within the resource, budgetary and timeframe requirements.
- Proven ability to Implement and engineer new solutions, and redesign/reengineer solutions. Must be able to work with multiple department heads
- Provide subject matter expertise and level 3 support to operations and engineering teams across the entire company
- Ability to work within budgetary requirements for new solutions, existing solutions, and upgrades/replacements
- Participate in weekly on call rotation and work in a 24/7 global environment
- Build and manage a library of Engineering documentation, ensuring the promulgation of the platform, DevOps, and other infrastructure standards to all Fareportal Engineering teams.
- Minimum 4 years of experience as a Linux Engineer in highly virtualized environments with a mixture of linux and some Windows operating systems.
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or any other related degree
- Minimum four years linux work experience, with at least 3 years in a Systems Engineer role
- Solid knowledge of Linux operating systems, and Microsoft infrastructure (ActiveDirectory, AzureAD, System Center, IIS, .NET components, Group Policies, PKI, Remote Desktop Services, etc.) with the ability to work with Developers on optimization, performance, security, debugging, and configuration issues.
- Virtualization: Hyper-V, SCVMM
- Expertise in storage technologies: VPLEX, MDS, UNITY, EMC
- Strong scripting knowledge (Ansible, Powershell)
- Proven ability to automate infrastructure with a mixture of Windows, Linux, and Kubernetes technologies.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience engineering and managing all components of a SAN
- Experience defining business requirements, translating them into technical tasks, and producing detailed system and functional designs
- Hands on experience with HyperV, VMWare, or other hypervisor technology is a must.
- Hands on experience producing “gold” images and supporting the automation in service request portals. Must demonstrate proficiency in at least one scripting/automation language/toolset.
- Solid Networking skills and the relationship between System/Network design/engineering.
- Capacity, Asset, Configuration, and Performance Management experience.
- Hands on experience building out and managing data centers, including rack layouts, managing power within specifications, and optimizing compute/storage/network capacity.
- Blade technology: HPE Synergy, HPE Systems, Cisco UCS
- Strong knowledge in storage solutions: SAN, NAS, Shared Resources, block, file, object
- Networking (LAN, WAN, Layer 2, Layer 3, DNS)
- Cloud (Azure, AWS) with ability to review/troubleshoot 3 tier application architecture
- Hands on experience with IIS, .Net, MS SQL, NoSQL, Mongo DB and Web technologies.
- Hands on Experience with HPE one view, and HPE Synergy Systems
- Hands on experience with Cisco UCS Manager
- Ceph, Storage Spaces Direct
- Understanding of infrastructure technologies
- Solution architecture/design
- Strong knowledge of DR and backups solutions
- Knowledge of Physical On-prem datacenter Including:
Design, implementation, maintenance, and capacity planning of cabinets, power, cooling, high density cabinet management, cable management (fiber and copper)
- Server: knowledge of how to build / troubleshoot server failures (RAM, CPU, Disk)
- Experience with RAID and other fault tolerant solutions
- CI/CD Pipeline deployment
- Hands-on experience working in a structured environment where process and documentation are a part of daily life.
- Hands on experience with AWS CLI
- Hands on experience designing scalable on-prem and cloud solutions.
- Experience with high availability, high transaction volume technical environments
- familiarity with online detail/commerce technology stacks is a plus
- Experience as a developer, working with coding, design and creating scalable applications from R&D, to staging to production is a plus
- SME troubleshooting skills
- Must be proficient in English with exceptional written and verbal communication skills – with high attention to detail and ability to collaborate with Developers, Security Professionals, and Network Engineers in all aspects of design, implementation, and support.
- Mid level experience defining the system architecture landscape, identifying gaps between current and desired end-states, and delivering a comprehensive solution that will enable achievement of the desired business outcomes
- Thorough understanding of proper project management processes, data documentation and cloud design at a very granular level.
- Capacity planning
- Knowledge of security solutions
- May require the ability to physically rack data center components and perform work inside Fareportal’s data center facility in Gurgaon,India.
- Ability to explain and present technical solutions via PPT, or other
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Fareportal reserves the right to change the job duties, responsibilities, expectations or requirements posted here at any time at the Company’s sole discretion, with or without notice.