People are at the core of Fareportal. We are one of the fastest growing travel technology companies in the world; our portfolio of travel brands, including flagship product CheapOair, receive over 100 million visitors annually.
We are seeking a Sr. Software Engineer – Devops who will manage project goals, contribute to product strategy and help define best practices. The right candidate will join a self-sufficient offshore team responsible for developing and maintaining components of a complex proprietary e-commerce platform that drives the air travel industry. The right candidate will also have opportunities to collaborate with teams in NY and other locations around the world.
- Design, Build and maintain the CI/CD infrastructure and tools
- Develop and maintain containerized environments
- Building and packaging of .NET websites, Windows services, web \ WCF service
- Design and Develop the test automation to validate the builds in the CI/CD pipeline
- Hands on Experience on Cloud Environment
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that solutions are designed with DevOps rules and regulations
- Assists with setup and maintenance of test environments for both manual and automated testing
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time.
- Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality.
- Co-ordinate with multiple teams ensuring smooth progress in the deployment
- Support Tech team continuous integration build environment and automated package migration processes
- VSTS administration; support and maintain version control
- Assist in the maintenance and administration of build/release systems.
- Design, document, implement, and maintain scripts to enhance current build/release processes
- Experience in Linux and Shell scripting, preferably PowerShell.
- Good experience working on agile methodology
- Hands on experience with standard DevOps tools used for configuration management (Chef), release engineering tools (VSTS, Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.), revision control (Git), issue tracking (Jira, etc.), and monitoring (Nagios, New Relic, etc.).
- Enterprise Linux and Windows experience
- Web application deployment (Nginx, Apache Tomcat, IIS)
- Familiarity with relational databases such as Oracle, MySQL, and MSSQL.
- Knowledge of application and operating system security principles
- Experience with containerized services (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Secrets management (Hashicorp Vault, Chef Vault)
- Working knowledge of application development (Python, Ruby, C#, C++, .Net, Java, etc.)
- Automation in internal and public cloud environments (AWS, Azure, Hyper-V, VMware, Nutanix, etc.)
- Experience in Linux/Unix and shell/bash scripting
- Experience in automation/configuration management tools like Git, Jenkin, TFS
- Experience in designing and maintaining cloud-based solutions with Azure/AWS
- Knowledge of an agile team environment and process
- Experience working in applications, systems or IT operations
- IIS Management / Optimization
- WebServer Maintenance / Optimization / Monitoring
- Build and Release Automation
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB or Elasticsearch
- PowerShell programming
- Serverless services deployment
- Experience in the entire software product life cycle: Development, QE and Release management.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and organizational skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability working in a fast pace software development environment.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and within a team.
- Ability to analyse a wide range of complex software problems, then recommend solutions.