Fareportal is seeking a Sr UI / UX Designer to join our Technology Team.
At Fareportal, we create technology that is driving innovation in the travel industry – one of the world’s fastest-growing sectors. Our employees are the core of our organization and together we’re revolutionizing the way people book travel.
Our portfolio of brands including CheapOair and OneTravel receive over 100 million visitors annually and drive over $4 billion in annual revenue
As a UX / UI designer you work closely with Product Management and Development. User Experience at Fareportal covers all activities from conception and design of future products to maintenance and improvement of existing products such as CheapOair.com, OneTravel.com, Mobile Web, Mobile Apps and Operations.
- Collaborate closely with Product Management and other UX team members to construct optimal user experience for customers across all brands and products following UCD best practices and leveraging industry standards.
- Perform user research, benchmarking, competition study and conduct usability studies.
- Develop high-level storyboards, mockups, wireframes and prototypes to effectively communicate information architecture, interaction and design ideas for native, responsive web & mobile applications..
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously, work in partnership with visual designers, business stakeholder, product manager to conceptualize deliver the desired experience.
- Review available data analytics, customer feedback and market research to derive user insights in order to build effective experiences for the users.
- Provide UX and product management teams with compelling evidence, recommendations and feedback throughout the product lifecycle.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Human-Computer Interaction, Design & Technology, Graphic Design, Industrial Design & Psychology, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or related field.
- Candidates must be able to have a broad yet detailed understanding of web/mobile UI standards, grid system, responsive design frameworks, usability, and have design user interfaces for web/mobile applications.
- Proficiency with Sketch UI or other graphic design tools to create mockups and visual specifications.
- Exceptional portfolio demonstrating command over building delightful both desktop and mobile experiences, design skills as well as functional responsive web projects.
- Excellent, communication, and teamwork skills
- 8+ years of experience in experience working in various interaction design positions, desktop, mobile and responsive web projects.
- Proficiency with inVision app to create interactive prototypes for iterative evaluations.
- Strong understanding of user research methods, information architecture, interaction design and usability best practices
- User testing, user research and AB testing experience
- Strong experience in Lean UX
- Strong understanding of iOS and Android platform patterns and interaction standards
- Passion for emerging trends in mobile UX and hunger to innovate
- Excellent documentation and presentation skills to convince stakeholders.