Location: Gurgaon, HR
Who We Are:
Fareportal is a travel technology company powering a next-generation travel concierge service. Utilizing its innovative technology and company owned and operated global contact centres, Fareportal has built strong industry partnerships providing customers access to over 500 airlines, a million lodgings, and hundreds of car rental companies around the globe. With a portfolio of consumer travel brands including CheapOair and OneTravel, Fareportal enables consumers to book-online, on mobile apps for iOS and Android, by phone, or live chat. Fareportal provides its airline partners with access to a broad customer base that books high-yielding international travel and add-on ancillaries.
- Fareportal is the number 1 privately held online travel company in flight volume.
- Fareportal partners with over 500 airlines, 1 million lodgings, and hundreds of car rental companies worldwide.
- 2019 annual sales exceeded $5 billion.
- Fareportal sees over 150 million unique visitors annually to our desktop and mobile sites.
- Fareportal, with its global workforce of over 2,600 employees, is strategically positioned with 9 offices in 6 countries and headquartered in New York City.
- Mastery and application of color, space, typography, iconography, illustration, and UX laws
- Rely heavily on both qualitative and quantitative data to make informed decisions.
- Set design requirements based on information from internal teams and user research.
- Identify new product improvement opportunities through gaps in the market and create ways to fill those needs
- Analyze how a new product satisfies market needs and consumer preferences.
- Stay up to date on current industry trends and market conditions and serve customers through tangible solutions
- Coordinate with other design team members to ensure consistent and accurate communication.
- Create new and modify/revise existing designs to meet changing customer preferences with the help of competitive research and other methodologies
- Work closely with product engineers to suggest improvements for products and processes through the process of feedback gathering and ideations.
- Present product design ideas to cross-functional teams and senior leadership.
- Use product usage data for informed decision making and understand design impact through data and metrics
- Proven experience in all phases of the design process including user research, wireframing, prototyping, visual design, interaction design, and usability testing
- An intuitive eye for customer needs beyond the obvious
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional team members
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS and basic JS is a plus
- Ability to collect and interpret both qualitative and quantitative feedback
- Ability to effectively communicate and persuade around design concepts
- Passion for design; not satisfied with the status quo and always thinking of ways to improve
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Dynamic, creative personality, effective at engaging and influencing a variety of audiences
- Provide assistance to product engineers when needed
- Recommend new tools and technologies by staying abreast of the latest trends and techniques
- Degree or Diploma holder in Design / Communication Design / Information Design or similar relevant field
- Visual Expression/Communication
- Analytical Thinking
- Mastery of Information & Interaction Design
- User Research & Techniques
- Knowledge of Usability Testing Principles
- Basic HTML, CSS and JS
- Knowledge of A/B Testing
- A background in or familiarity with cognitive psychology is a huge plus
- Sketch / Invision / UXPin / Figma / Adobe XD
- Photoshop / Illustrator / Fireworks / After Effects
- BFA / MFA Qualified
- Diploma or Degree holder in Design / Communication Design / Information Design / Computer Science
- Working knowledge of Technology and IT concepts; immediate understanding of Opex and Capex
- Advanced MS Excel modelling skills
- Analytical background working directly in an FP&A environment modelling bookings, revenue, costs and expenses
- Excellent communication, analytical, teamwork, organizational, interpersonal and systems skills
- Adaptable and able to react quickly to changing business needs
- Strong system skills with preference towards Microsoft Dynamics and Adaptive Insights. Else (i.e., Anaplan, Hyperion, Oracle, NetSuite)
- Ability to question the output of a financial model and consider options for improvement
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize tasks and work within deadlines with little supervision
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Fareportal reserves the right to change the job duties, responsibilities, expectations, or requirements posted here at any time at the Company’s sole discretion, with or without notice.