Location: Gurgaon, India
Who We Are:
Fareportal is a travel technology company powering a next-generation travel concierge service. Utilizing its innovative technology and company owned and operated global contact centres, Fareportal has built strong industry partnerships providing customers access to over 500 airlines, a million lodgings, and hundreds of car rental companies around the globe. With a portfolio of consumer travel brands including CheapOair and OneTravel, Fareportal enables consumers to book-online, on mobile apps for iOS and Android, by phone, or live chat. Fareportal provides its airline partners with access to a broad customer base that books high-yielding international travel and add-on ancillaries.
- Fareportal is the number 1 privately held online travel company in flight volume.
- Fareportal partners with over 500 airlines, 1 million lodgings, and hundreds of car rental companies worldwide.
- 2019 annual sales exceeded $5 billion.
- Fareportal sees over 150 million unique visitors annually to our desktop and mobile sites.
- Fareportal, with its global workforce of over 2,600 employees, is strategically positioned with 9 offices in 6 countries and headquartered in New York City.
- Monitor on 24×7 basis health of Servers/Network/Applications/Websites/APIs and report
- alarms utilizing network/systems/Application/Websites monitoring tools.
- Monitor performance, capacity, and availability of the network on an ongoing basis.
- Recommend improvements in technologies and practices to increase uptime.
- Collect and review performance reports for various systems, and report trends in Network,
- Server, Application & Websites performance.
- Provide timely response to all incidents, outages, and performance alerts. Categorize issues
- for escalation to appropriate technical teams.
- Ensure timely follow up with cross-functional teams via e-mails, phone calls and slack.
- Design, develop, implement, and coordinate systems, policies, and procedures.
- Conducts research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support
- of monitoring tool and development efforts. Liaise with vendors for the procurement of new
- systems technologies, conduct POCs, oversee installation, and resolve adaptation issues.
- Maintain ISO27001 & PCI audit compliance related documents and follow the procedures as
- per the compliance guidelines.
- Ensures that daily, weekly, and monthly statistics, status reports, and graphical reporting aids
- are completed and continually modified to meet the needs of the department.
- Ensures that the EMS team adheres to the Change Management process for any change in the
- IT Infra across the globe.
- Ensures that effective EMS representation takes place for the coordination of work processes
- and projects with other departments and divisions.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
- 2-5 years’ experience in Enterprise Monitoring Tools (like SCOM, Solarwinds, Application insight, Grafana), Applications, Server monitoring and troubleshooting or similar role.
- Work experience on Windows Servers, SQL, Network equipment, Linux.
- Familiarity with scripting, network security, firewalls or Linux environment.
- Aptitude for learning new technologies, interest in professional development.
- Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business or technical discipline.
- Willing to do rotational shifts, 24 x 7.
- Strong problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills.
- Good Technical Skills in Networks, Firewalls, Servers.
- Good communicator with a natural aptitude for dealing with people.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Preferred:
- Quick learner and able to deal with a wide range of issues.
- Good analytical skills and able to collate and interpret data from various sources.
- Should be a team player.
- Ability to assess and prioritize faults and respond or escalate accordingly.