Product Development and Customer Service Teams Bring Home More Stevie Awards for Fareportal
Next generation travel company receives recognition at the American Business Awards for Outstanding Customer Service and Product Development
Fareportal, the travel technology company powering CheapOair and OneTravel, recently received two Bronze Stevies from the American Business Awards recognizing exceptional effort by their Product Development Team and Customer Service Team in 2016. Fareportal announced just last week that their CheapOair app was honored with a Gold Stevie for excellence in mobile app development.
The American Business Awards were created in 2002 to honor the achievements of organizations and professionals in the United States. It is one of the premier business awards organizations in the U.S. and features a variety of categories to recognize all areas of the workplace. The entries are judged by a panel of respected executives, entrepreneurs, innovators, and business educators. More than 3,600 nominations from organizations in all industries were submitted for consideration in the 2017 competition.
“As we strive to be a leader in the travel industry, we rely on the innovations of our Product Development and Customer Service teams to get us there,” said Sam S. Jain, CEO and Founder of Fareportal. “Our mission is to create the world’s best customer experience in travel, and these accolades are another testament to our organization’s ability to achieve this goal.”
Innovations from Fareportal’s Product Development Team in 2016 include:
- Integration of Apple Pay and Android Pay within the app to offer secure payment options for customers booking from their mobile device
- Launch of a co-branded credit card program in partnership with Synchrony Financial
- First online travel agency to offer Amtrak rail search alongside flights in partnership with SilverRail
- Launch of the CheapOair Explore App for AppleTV allowing customers to discover new and unique travel options from the comfort of their couch
- Development of the Fare Calendar allowing customers with flexibility to see the cheapest dates to travel
- Development of an industry-leading ancillary attachment allowing Fareportal to sell any ancillary products an airline offers as long as it is listed in the Global Distribution System
Milestones for our Customer Service Team in 2016 include:
- Fareportal has a Better Business Bureau A+ rating as of November 2016
- Achievement of the high customer satisfaction rate of approximately 90% according to post-contact customer surveys as of November 2016
- Fareportal has a 75% Net Promoter Score as of November 2016
“Each year the judges find the quality and variety of the nominations to be greater than the year before. The 2017 competition was intense and every organization that has won should be proud,” said Michael Gallagher, President and Founder of the Stevie Awards.
Fareportal is a travel technology company powering a next generation travel concierge service. Utilizing its innovative technology and company owned and operated global contact centers, Fareportal has built strong industry partnerships providing customers access to over 450 airlines, 1 million hotels, and hundreds of car rental companies around the globe. With a portfolio of consumer travel brands including CheapOair and OneTravel, Fareportal enables consumers to book online, on mobile apps for iOS and Android, by phone, or live chat. Fareportal provides its airline partners with access to a broad customer base that books high-yielding international travel and add-on ancillaries.
About the Stevie Awards
Stevie Awards are conferred in seven programs: the Asia-Pacific Stevie Awards, the German Stevie Awards, The American Business Awards, The International Business Awards, the Stevie Awards for Women in Business, the Stevie Awards for Great Employers, and the Stevie Awards for Sales & Customer Service. Stevie Awards competitions receive more than 10,000 entries each year from organizations in more than 60 nations. Honoring organizations of all types and sizes and the people behind them, the Stevies recognize outstanding performances in the workplace worldwide. Learn more about the Stevie Awards at http://www.StevieAwards.com.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!